peacocks gone wild...

     June 17, 2010




    Peacock Nail Design



    My sister asked me to do a peacock nail design, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use my dotting tools and a paint brush for the first time. If I ever do this design again, I would add more defined brush strokes. But here is what I did to create this look.... tweak my step by step instructions to make it your own! (P.S. sorry my cuticles are so dry---ugh, finger nail polish is harsh).


    Items I used: 
    (If it is in a colored font, it is hyperlinked to a website for purchase)


    1. Revlon: Copper Penny
    2. Konad Regular Polish: Shining Brown
    3. Sally Hansen: Night Flight
    4. Sinful Colors: Midnight Blue
    5. Sally Hansen: Mint Sprint
    6. Sinful Colors: Last Chance
    7. OPI: Who the Shrek are you?



    1. Paper Towels





    Step 1: Paint entire nail with OPI: who the shrek are you?


      Step 2 and 3: Add a dot of Sinful Colors Midnight Blue and outline bottom half of dot with Sally Hansen Night Flight using dotting tool







                   






    Step 4: Using a thin paint brush and a smooth, light stroking motion apply Konad Shining Brown, Sally Hansen Mint Sprint, and Sinful Colors Last Chance


    In this step, I would add more defined brush strokes than I did, blending the blue/black center dot better.




    Step 5: Add a dot of Revlon Copper Penny in the center using dotting tool


    Step 6: Using Bundle Monster stamping plate, Konad stamper, scraper, and Sinful Colors Midnight Blue stamp on the peacock









Blog Archive

Total Pageviews