Katy Perry and Black Shatter


    Katy Perry teamed up with OPI to create her own nail polish collection. I purchased a 5 piece set from amazon (click on the amazon link to purchase this collection). I will debut the rest of the colors in her collection in later blogs.

    In this photo, I applied one coat of Katy Perry's Black Shatter polish over two coats of Mint Sorbet by Sally Hansen (click on link to purchase for only 49 cents). You can use any base color you want (the black shatter looks amazing over any of the polishes in the Katy Perry line, but I selected this color because I wanted the shattering effect to really pop). I

    I also ordered more colors in the shattered nail polish (a brand called China Glaze Crackle Shatter which is similar to OPI's shatter polish), which I will debut in later posts. I really want to show you what you can do with this polish.



    How to apply a shatter/crackle nail polish:

    Step 1: Apply your nail color as usual. I suggest doing two coats. Skip the clear top coat and allow your nail to dry COMPLETELY. This is very important.

    Step 2: Apply a SINGLE THIN coat of the shatter/crackle polish, making sure not to go over the same section more than once. This is very important. If you go over the same spot twice with the polish, it will not shatter properly and just look like you applied regular black polish.

    Step 3: If desired, add your clear top coat. In my photos, there is a top coat over the shatter but not over the mint green.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews