GUEST POST: Featuring Linda from Copy That, Copy Cat

    October 19, 2011

    Linda from the blog Copy That, Copy Cat is visiting today!  She is so creative with her very awesome manicures, so make sure to click on her blog url and follower her. You will not be disappointed; I can promise you that.

    Please welcome Linda from Copy That, Copy Cat!
    __________________________________________________________

    This is my first guest post and I'm really excited about it! I'd like to thank Amy for giving me the opportunity to be featured on her amazing blog :)

    I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do for this post, and just decided on something spontaneously. Today, i'll be doing a simple rose nail art tutorial which kind of remind me of graffiti art. Hope you all enjoy this design!

    I've painted my base colour in China Glaze Skyscraper - I absolutely love this colour and I really like it with a matte finish (because it looks like a suede finish and I really want to get my hands on one of them!). My inspiration to do this colour was when I painted my toes in Skyscraper and added a matte topcoat LOL. Anyways, on to the nail art!

    Sorry if some of the pictures are blurry, I was taking them at a peculiar angle. Sadly there was no one home to help me take pictures!

    First, start with 2 coats of ChG Skyscraper.


    Using black acrylic paint, or black polish, paint a circle-like shape on the corner of the free edge and then draw smaller ones beside them. Draw a leaf shape at both ends of the smaller circle
    .

    Time to start painting the roses! Start off by drawing small c shapes with white acrylic paint or polish at the centre and then work your way out. Keep drawing until you almost reach the edge of the black underneath. Don't mind the streakiness, they're not as noticeable in real life! Macros literally magnify EVERY SINGLE DETAIL!
    Repeat the previous step for your smaller circles and draw in the leaf at the ends.

    Apply a matte topcoat (I'm using Essie Matte About You) and you're done! Of course, you can use any topcoat you'd like :)

    Finished product - love the matte!





    I hope this was easy to follow! Thanks again to Amy for featuring me on her blog. If you'd like to see more nail art, feel free to visit my blog at www.copythatcopycat.blogspot.com or my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Copy-That-Copy-Cat-Nails/227255990644141

    Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this post!


Blog Archive

Total Pageviews