Guest Post: Featuring Lauren from A Polish Change!

    October 05, 2011

    Guest Post
    Please welcome Lauren from A Polish Change! 
    I am featured on her blog today too, so make sure to stop by her blog (and follow because her blog is awesome)!
    ______________________________________________



    When Amy and I arranged to swap blog posts, I was immediately excited but then was hit with a tsunami wave of nausea (C'mon, it's not every day that you get to intrude on the web page of your "Nail God").   I'm feeling Nail-Venturous was the first blog that I ever stalked, and Amy's creative and beautiful nails inspired me to start my own blog last month.  Needless to say, this called for something special- my first glitter sandwich!

    I'm sure all of you know what it is, but just in case you don't:  the sandwich manicure is where a base color is laid down first, followed by an clear base glitter polish, and then topped with either the base color again or a sheer polish that lets the glitter shine on through.

    Decisions, decisions….Over a good coat of base coat to protect my nails, I painted a thin coat of Essie's Little Brown Dress.  For my glitter layer, I chose Crown Me Already from OPI's recent Ms Universe Collection.  And if that wasn't enough, I topped it all off with Essie's Bordeaux (a burgundy jelly).  







    And there you go, my kind of sandwich, calorie and fat-free!  Many thanks again to Amy for swapping posts with me.  If you'd like to check out my blog, A Polish Change, please do so at polishchanges.blogspot.com ... it's not nearly as "polished" as this site, but I'm trying!!
    -Lauren

    ___________________________________________________________________________

    Make sure to stop by Lauren's blog! She is always posting awesome manicures and new ideas such as the one in this post. I never thought about using two different polishes as the "bread" of my jelly sandwich. Have you?

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews