Owl Nail Design

    July 6, 2011

    You can click on a picture to enlarge it!

    I am extremely proud of this manicure because it was all hand painted. My first two attempts at hand painting did NOT turn out good (see peacocks gone wild and hand painted flowers), but I still shared. This is something I need to work at, so I took my time on this manicure. If you have any tips you would like to share, please do!

    For this manicure, I finally bought proper nail art paint brushes instead of using regular acrylic paint brushes even though they appear to be the same thing (who knows). I knew what I wanted to do for this manicure for a long time and have tried to do this manicure many times, but I wasn't able to figure out a way to draw the owl. BUT... my friend from work (thanks Niki) gave me a quick lesson on how to draw an owl. So yesterday, I came home and did the manicure..... Tell me what you think....

    I also had better luck drawing the owl with a THIN paint brush as opposed to a nail art pen. I tried first with the nail art pen, but it looked SLOPPY. So I removed it and started over. The second time I used strictly a paint brush and got this result. On the rest of my fingers, I was going with a tree branch look. I hope that is what you see haha..



    This is my INSPIRATION for this manicure. I got this photo off the web.





Blog Archive

Total Pageviews