My First Attempt at a Sponging Nail Designs

    July 20, 2011


    Hello everyone! I am a little embarrassed to show you photos of my first attempt at sponging (I even removed the ability to enlarge the photos haha). I have seen this technique all over blogger and the many blogs I stalk. I thank you for introducing this to me.

    I think it turned out descent. I learned a lot in my first attempt, but I think my next attempt will be MUCH better. I am not going to lie; clean up was terrible. I had so much polish all over my fingers, so of course it semi-stained them. Polish remover just kept smearing the polish around haha... I bet I used 20 q-tips. Please tell me I am not the only one.... (So please ignore my smurf fingers!)

    The polishes I used were Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Mint Sprint, Old Navy Tip Toe Seal the Teal, and Erre Due 73 (which I received in a giveaway from Cel's One Year Anniversary Giveaway.. She sent me some AWESOME polishes). I  do like the polishes I choose for my first attempt. In the photos, Erre Due (the top/last layer) doesn't look even but it is. In person all the polishes fully covered the nail. I guess the light hit it in certain places so it looks uneven in the photos. Maybe I should have started with a fully painted nail instead of working on a non-polished nail.

    Please share with me your first attempt at sponging... Do you have a blog post with pictures? Anyone find a really good tutorial somewhere? Okay, on to the pictures....

    Inside No Flash

    Inside No Flash

    Inside No Flash

    I bet you are wondering where the crackle in the next series of photos is coming into play... Well because I didn't like how my first attempt at sponging turned out, I figured what better way to save a manicure !!!! =)  Crackle fixes any messed up base coat... Don't be fooled by this zoomed in nail shot above, I picked the BEST one!

    Inside No Flash

    Inside No Flash

    Outside in the sun

    Outside in the Shade

    Outside in the Shade

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews